Sunday, March 15, 2009

D: Daughters

A major inspiration for the past 24 years has been the two people that my wife and I created. Erin turned 22 this past week and Alexis blogged about how she feels about her in http://www.hotfuzzonmylegs.blogspot.com/ . Very touching.

I don't get to see them as much now as before since Erin is a senior in college across the state and Alexis lives on the other side of the Eastern Shore. This week was different and I had some quality time with both. Alexis helped us move some furniture and watched the critters while we traveled 5 hours to watch Erin play in the goal for her college women's lacrosse team. Both of my girls have had great sports careers in high school and college, which has been a source of great pride and lots of fun for my wife and me.
These two people are very different and have strong and independent personalities. They are both have incredible senses of humor and always have stories and things going on in there lives. They are very creative in different ways and provide endless entertainment and meaning to my life.

They both believe that our dog precedes them in my favor. It is a long standing joke and Alexis will say that this proves that I can't mention one without the other. Not true.

We have a collage in our family room full of pictures from their youth. It has been amazing to watch them grow and develop, and hopefully I didn't screw them up too much. They seem to be pretty well adjusted and they are definitely good people who care about their world, their family, and their friends. I continue to look forward to seeing what will happen next with them.

I attempted to draw a picture of Alexis when she was a baby, but it was critically reviewed and I haven't tried again since. Perhaps one day.

1 comment:

  1. #1. Sadie does precede us in the list of things you love.
    #2. I love the picture of me as a baby, and it stands in my room...it's MINE.
    #3. This is nice of you and thanks for the plug!

    ReplyDelete